To Report An Emergency After Hours

(757) 385-3111

  • For after hours emergencies on nights, weekends and holidays.

Public Utilities Front Desk

(757) 385-4171

  • During regular business hours.

  • Report a broken pipe in your home if you cannot locate the shut-off valve.

  • To report missing water/sewer main lids.

Public Utilities Operation & Maintenance

(757) 385-1400

  • To report sanitary sewer stoppages.

  • ​To report a water main break.

  • If you are experiencing problems with the sanitary sewer system serving your home, call us first before contacting a plumber. If the blockage is in the city’s infrastructure, it will be cleared at no charge to you.

Public Works Stormwater Maintenance

(757) 385-1470

  • To report flooding on your street.